Skip to main content

Hey mate! I think I feel something for you...

Hello gay guys!
First, I totally apologise for being long absent - I hope many of you are still here waiting for my updates. Well, I am here!
I have been busy with university and my time with friends at Silom and by going to Silom, I have learned a lot new things as I saw a lot going on there.

Alright, most of the time I blogged about your boyfriend and there are  tons of stories I'd love to write them out. However, what I've just seen lately is not about your boyfriend but it's about someone who is so close to you - your friend. And this has been urging me to write this out today.


Okey, before I start to explain anything in details - let me first tell you story.
I have a chance to talk with someone whom I met in Silom soi 4 (if you have been to Silom you will know that Silom soi 4 is a party street where a lot of gay guys usually go to have a good time there) I remember I sat in the bar with 2 friends of mine and it was friday night - yes it was super busy - this guy came up to sit with us as there were no seats available at all. We started an awkward conversation  and simply introduced ourselves. I found out that the guy is from Northern England (The name of his hometown is still too difficult for me to remember) and he is now still living in Thailand as an expat here. First hour at the bar we had just normal 'sober' conversation but every amazing story starts with alcohol - yes after an long island ice tea, I started to see him really sexy LOL. I started to flirt with the guy and for little while he was out of it. My 2 other friends could notice that the guys also felt something for me but the way he reacted was like he was already taken. One of my friends wanted to help me so he came up with some question to make sure if the guy was really taken or not - "where is your boyfriend LOL" said by my friend with his thai manners and pretended it was something funny. He said he didn't have boyfriend but he was sort of not feeling really well at that moment. We all were suddenly interested - and I am a bit tipsy - we asked him what really happened. He told me his story about his best thai friend.


He had known this guy for over 6 months that time and they had really good time hanging out - it was only that day that his thai best mate didn't come out with him because of one reason - the guy discovered something during those days about his best mate. His friend finally admitted to him about how he felt about the guy. After being overwhelmed with love struck for over 6 months, the thai guy finally told the guy how much he loved the guy and he couldn't stand the suffer of knowing that his best friend that he always had strong feeling with, slept with another guys. The guy said he didn't know what to do as he really liked his best mate a lot and he didn't feel anything more than just best 'friends' - well, well, poor guy. 

Okey, it was a bit sad for me when you know that you are friend zoned - for 6 months.
Here is what I have suggested him that night (Regardless that I was a bit drunk, I remember I was still a good advisor for him and that earned me a great friendship from him) 

What you should do when you have this dilemma? 

First thing, yes it should be a conversation but what what kind of conversation should it be so that you won't lose your best friend. When you call someone your 'best friend' I believe you should know him quite well, with that you will understand what kind of person your friend is - whether he is 'drama queen', understand, quiet, talkative etc. I would focus on 'drama queen' kind of friend as those others would be easier for you to cope with.

Drama queen is generally and typically makes it so difficult for you no matter if he is your friend or your boyfriend. To cope with your friend with this personality - there are 2 ways to do.

1.) This way you may need to try to be cheesy with him by taking him to somewhere special and invite him to do something really nice such as invite him to help you do some shopping like buying clothes and ask him to help you choose. During the time you spend together, try to have a nice conversation with him how much helpful he is and be honest to him about how great it is for you to have him as your best friend as well as the way to you want to treat him for being your best friend. Just remember 1 thing, drama queen usually needs attention, give him proper attention. By saying 'proper attention' I mean just make sure you pay attention to him but don't give him too much to make it look like you lead him on because it will make things worse. And after you are done with those special moments with him, it is time for your serious conversation with him. Don't tell him you want to talk about it - it is too obvious that you want to deny him. Just start with some random stuff about him like you can say "OMG! I love how you walk like that!" and then you can go on by saying "I can't deal with how funny you are blah blah" and then you can start your conversation with how you really think about him - now it is your own ability to be a good teacher for him and teaching him to calm down. And don't forget to keep saying how lovely you it is to hang out with him. With those relaxing moments and good conversation you give him earlier, he will become surprisingly understanding - at least for that day.



2.) Be his match maker! Alright, as I've mentioned above that drama queen needs attention and one more thing is that they are usually lonely - that's one of million reasons why he falls for you. This way is once and for all. Finding him boyfriend can be either easy or difficult but with your help I am sure it will happen. However, I would leave finding him boyfriend thing to be your duty. Now I want to emphasise is what you should do while your best friend is still single and looking up, you should make yourself like you are still single - no matter how many guys you want to be with or... sleep with, just make it as quiet as you can. Remember he is still into you so knowing that you are still looking around will makes him feel worse and think that the reason you are trying to find him boyfriend is another reason for you to eradicate him from your life. His jealousy level would rise up to really extreme level and you don't want to deal with that. Once he has boyfriend, congratulate him as much as you can and make him feel so nice with the guy but please make sure he is really interested in his boyfriend not that he is with the guy because he wants to get over you because it will come back at the same situation sooner or later. After everything is set you can take your big comfy breath.

This thing may sound really difficult for you but I would say it is your own choice whether you want to do it or not. I have no idea if it was helpful for my friend whom I met that night or not but when we meet up he never mentioned about the trouble anymore. These are all my visions on solving this trouble in term of me putting myself as the same position as the guy was standing at.

I hope you have a good time reading my blog and i will come up with more entries and as soon as possible.

I won't leave this abandoned anymore - I promise!

Have a great gay day!
Scott :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must-know facts about Thai guys (Part II) : They save 'face' more than 'money'

Lose face? What the heck is this? Come on! don't pretend like you don't know it, just because you guys are hardly in this kind of situation but behold folks! This thing is really common in Thailand and maybe it's become part of the culture now. Well, losing face is feeling extremely embarrassed or being in a really really awkward situation... and that is what we, Thai people really hate! Geert Hofstede I think it is not fair to say that Thai guys are afraid to lose face as actually all Thai people are. First thing is, according to Geert Hofstede's Cultural dimension, Thai people has really high point for the concept of uncertainty avoidance culture, which means Thai people are afraid to to be in such an uncertain situation. Alright enough for academic article... let's go back to the reality However, it really makes sense. Now time to explain how we would be like if we are in 'face-losing' situation. Let me explain by telling the story.

Must-know facts about Thai gays! (part I)

I am sooooooo sure that many many of you have had experienced to meet up with some thai guys unless you wouldn't be reading this article! I am sure there are so many things you're still so confused. There might be millions of times that 'why' questions popped up in your head like you are 3 year-old boy who just get to know the world.  Even though you have had met up maybe more than a thousand of thai guys (as friends or whatever it can be) you still don't understand it all about Thai guys... Here are some facts that will tell you about what is hidden under that dark, smooth and sexy skin.   Iceberg culture  Let me put this in the easiest way to explain. Have you ever asked your Thai guy if he wants something on the dining table on your first date? Or even asked if he needed your helps? Well, literally he might say no but what he was thinking that time was maybe on the other hand. What I want to tell you is that ALMOST Thai guys don't mean wha

5 months of no sex and I just had a date first time in 2 and a half years!

Hi y'all! My last post was all about random thing I did, saw and experienced at Chiang Mai and I have been thinking so hard what to do in order to have you guys back to read my tiny little blog again LOL Well, It has been such interesting time with me lately. I have been busy planning on my first ever Europe trip. It involves a lot of paper works and blah blah. The good thing is, I get to forget about my ex for a while. Not that I can't get over him or anything but come on! it was 2 and a half years and I would be heartless to never have my own sad days at all. Thanks god, I have friends. People gave me a lot of advises about how I should deal with my breakup or I would call it feeling missed out. Some said that I should just take a moment of my life, go somewhere and spend time with myself (Well, if my boss allowed me to take another holidays, I wouldn't hesitate LOL), some even said that I should just let myself go with how I feel and never force myself to not be s