Skip to main content

Must-know facts About Thai gays (Part VII) : I know it best!

Good weekend sir!
Here I am again to write some more stories that I've stocked and waited to flow them out for you all to read and learn.
My today article is something in Thai guy that can irk you more than Nicki Minaj's music it's the concept of "ego" in general Thai guy or as known as "I know it best"

You guys might have confronted with this annoying situation when you had the time to discuss something with your boyfriend and suddenly when it came to the topic that you both didn't agree with each other and you know you were right but your boyfriend thought he was right as well.

Because he is asian and people think that asian is really intelligent, he fought till his last breath and most of the time he would show that "he knew it best" while it's all wrong.

Why?

I think it's all about "losing face" again. Whenever your guy tries to argue with you about something he misunderstands it can be that he knows that he's wrong but he doesn't to feel ashamed or "lose face" because when he's over sure about something, it must be that and only that thing! However, once he realizes he would be like "OH DEAR!" but he had to do anything to get over this thing by arguing and believe me during this time he can find a lot of information without using internet to use against you. In the end, if you don't agree with him he will just keep silent not because he accepts the mistakes but it's sign showing that you're "doomed" to dare to argue with him.

Anyway, there is another reason for him to try to "know it best" it is that, he wants to be accepted or believed that he's intelligent. This is nothing wrong at all but a bit irritating. The reason he does that because of you, he wants to show you that he has what it takes to be your boyfriend, however, he underestimates you as he thought you would not know about what he says. FAIL!

How to solve this problem? 

Well, do you know that "ego" cannot be destroyed but what you have to do is to try to be nice when you argue with him try to use your sweet words to make him feel relaxed AND don't try to do anything to make him feel "lose face" remember lose face is the most important thing in Thailand so try to avoid any possibility that your boyfriend will get face lost after your answers. Sooner or later he will go along with you and then it will be all fine. However, if you want your relationship to be a little interesting... then when it's fine, bring up the story to lose his face sometimes, warning, in his good mood. ;)

So guys
Have a lovely sunday!
Scotty
xxxx

Comments

  1. :) Nowadays I don't bother arguing with my boyfriend. Just cede victory if he wants to be super knowledgeable so be it :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Must-know facts about Thai guys (Part II) : They save 'face' more than 'money'

Lose face? What the heck is this? Come on! don't pretend like you don't know it, just because you guys are hardly in this kind of situation but behold folks! This thing is really common in Thailand and maybe it's become part of the culture now. Well, losing face is feeling extremely embarrassed or being in a really really awkward situation... and that is what we, Thai people really hate! Geert Hofstede I think it is not fair to say that Thai guys are afraid to lose face as actually all Thai people are. First thing is, according to Geert Hofstede's Cultural dimension, Thai people has really high point for the concept of uncertainty avoidance culture, which means Thai people are afraid to to be in such an uncertain situation. Alright enough for academic article... let's go back to the reality However, it really makes sense. Now time to explain how we would be like if we are in 'face-losing' situation. Let me explain by telling the story.

Must-know facts about Thai gays! (part I)

I am sooooooo sure that many many of you have had experienced to meet up with some thai guys unless you wouldn't be reading this article! I am sure there are so many things you're still so confused. There might be millions of times that 'why' questions popped up in your head like you are 3 year-old boy who just get to know the world.  Even though you have had met up maybe more than a thousand of thai guys (as friends or whatever it can be) you still don't understand it all about Thai guys... Here are some facts that will tell you about what is hidden under that dark, smooth and sexy skin.   Iceberg culture  Let me put this in the easiest way to explain. Have you ever asked your Thai guy if he wants something on the dining table on your first date? Or even asked if he needed your helps? Well, literally he might say no but what he was thinking that time was maybe on the other hand. What I want to tell you is that ALMOST Thai guys don't mean wha

5 months of no sex and I just had a date first time in 2 and a half years!

Hi y'all! My last post was all about random thing I did, saw and experienced at Chiang Mai and I have been thinking so hard what to do in order to have you guys back to read my tiny little blog again LOL Well, It has been such interesting time with me lately. I have been busy planning on my first ever Europe trip. It involves a lot of paper works and blah blah. The good thing is, I get to forget about my ex for a while. Not that I can't get over him or anything but come on! it was 2 and a half years and I would be heartless to never have my own sad days at all. Thanks god, I have friends. People gave me a lot of advises about how I should deal with my breakup or I would call it feeling missed out. Some said that I should just take a moment of my life, go somewhere and spend time with myself (Well, if my boss allowed me to take another holidays, I wouldn't hesitate LOL), some even said that I should just let myself go with how I feel and never force myself to not be s