Skip to main content

Why doesn't Thailand have gay marriage?

Hi guys!
Happy Monday regardless if it's amazing or it is boring for you but hey at least another day has gone, weekend is just a few days to go! Be Positive guys!

Alright, I think this question has been really really hot in Thailand at the moment when other countries are now legalising gay marriage plus as you all "know" that Thailand is a country that is open for gay community. The obvious thing in the society? You may hear about transgenders can become flight attendants in some airline here.


But why don't we have legalized gay marriage here?

I have done some research through the internet and some conversation with someone I know and I will point out with a few reasons why we don't have gay marriage here.

1.) We just don't care about it.

As "most" of thai people are really okay with gay people here, some of us find gay people really interesting too, I guess that is one of the reasons we don't have gay marriage. Why do we need that when are already accepted by most people. My own opinion, many countries, the reason they are up for gay rights is because they realise how tough it is to be gay there whether it is all about bullies, law, social acceptance or even family system.

For instant, I have already come out with my family 6 months ago. It was really a tough time for my dad tho but because my mom knew it 1 year before I came out to everyone in my family so she could take it so well. After a few months, they started to come up with jokes, serious conversation and the latest - my aunt called me and told me how concerned she is about gay life and HIV which is really cute tho. Thai people seem to take it so roughly at first but it is because we get to see gay people or ladyboys everywhere in Thailand so we don't have any reason to be afraid of homosexuality. 
However, I am saying that there are no homophobic people here, there are quite a lot and they can be really violent too but if they ever do something crossing the line, they know it doesn't end well as many of gay people or even ladyboys were former thai boxers and they are still ready to fight ;) 


2.) The government is busy doing something else

Well, this is the benefit of above reason, as most thai people don't care and gay people don't ask or fight for the right, then we are "sa bai sa bai" 
Tho, I have heard that they will propose the bill for gay marriage but this is long time ago I am not sure if it was in amnesty bill that was just on hold or the government was so busy proposing amnesty bill and forgetting about this 'gay marriage' bill.

Well, they are now having so many issues so let's just leave them alone and please be positive about them not bothering anything about gay people as we don't know what they will F* about gay community - we get F* enough here LOL


3.) We still haven't seen any sake from it yet

Last year, I got to watch a really interesting motion graphic from my multimedia seniors and it said
about gay right whether it is important for us for not. It is really informative for gay people to know about but it is like something that is still really far fetch for us. ( I forgot the name of video but once I find it I will post it here)

Yeah, as it is far fetch still we don't need it right now

However, I would say I think it would be better to have it but this is another topic a lot of people are talking at the moment like what would it be if there is gay law? Would gay community here be full of divorcing record? Would gay marriage life here be really quality?

These are still questions that have not been answered yet - what do you guys think?

4.) Hook-up and Marriage - which is more for gay people here?

Yes this is another topic people are talking about at the moment as they stereotype gay people that we all are only up for hooking up - which is a massive mistake.

If asking a lot of gay people here whether they like it or not. I believe most of them would not want to hook up. I've seen and heard many of them that they would love to settle down with someone here but the fact that when they only like white guys they wouldn't get to have what they want. Many of these tourists are here for sex but I wouldn't say there are so many of them that come for really good purposes. Plus, there are really really few successful western-asian couples here. 10 out of 100 - I would say.

How about you all? What do you think? What do you think that are the reasons why we don't have gay marriage here? Please feel free to leave your comment below.

Have a wonderful monday night and be ready for tomorrow work :)

Love you all,
Scotty x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Must-know facts about Thai guys (Part II) : They save 'face' more than 'money'

Lose face? What the heck is this? Come on! don't pretend like you don't know it, just because you guys are hardly in this kind of situation but behold folks! This thing is really common in Thailand and maybe it's become part of the culture now. Well, losing face is feeling extremely embarrassed or being in a really really awkward situation... and that is what we, Thai people really hate! Geert Hofstede I think it is not fair to say that Thai guys are afraid to lose face as actually all Thai people are. First thing is, according to Geert Hofstede's Cultural dimension, Thai people has really high point for the concept of uncertainty avoidance culture, which means Thai people are afraid to to be in such an uncertain situation. Alright enough for academic article... let's go back to the reality However, it really makes sense. Now time to explain how we would be like if we are in 'face-losing' situation. Let me explain by telling the story.

Must-know facts about Thai gays! (part I)

I am sooooooo sure that many many of you have had experienced to meet up with some thai guys unless you wouldn't be reading this article! I am sure there are so many things you're still so confused. There might be millions of times that 'why' questions popped up in your head like you are 3 year-old boy who just get to know the world.  Even though you have had met up maybe more than a thousand of thai guys (as friends or whatever it can be) you still don't understand it all about Thai guys... Here are some facts that will tell you about what is hidden under that dark, smooth and sexy skin.   Iceberg culture  Let me put this in the easiest way to explain. Have you ever asked your Thai guy if he wants something on the dining table on your first date? Or even asked if he needed your helps? Well, literally he might say no but what he was thinking that time was maybe on the other hand. What I want to tell you is that ALMOST Thai guys don't mean wha

5 months of no sex and I just had a date first time in 2 and a half years!

Hi y'all! My last post was all about random thing I did, saw and experienced at Chiang Mai and I have been thinking so hard what to do in order to have you guys back to read my tiny little blog again LOL Well, It has been such interesting time with me lately. I have been busy planning on my first ever Europe trip. It involves a lot of paper works and blah blah. The good thing is, I get to forget about my ex for a while. Not that I can't get over him or anything but come on! it was 2 and a half years and I would be heartless to never have my own sad days at all. Thanks god, I have friends. People gave me a lot of advises about how I should deal with my breakup or I would call it feeling missed out. Some said that I should just take a moment of my life, go somewhere and spend time with myself (Well, if my boss allowed me to take another holidays, I wouldn't hesitate LOL), some even said that I should just let myself go with how I feel and never force myself to not be s